N

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a month.
Thanks, I read that even if it dies off just to leave the frag plug because they are almost pest like kind of like a GSP or Kenya Tree coral. So hopefully it will just come back! It has been spraying mucus and shrinking since, but my tank is not "clean" like they say can be a problem and I have intentionally overfed because I do not have fish and would like for my Nitrate and Phosphate to stay relatively high. Plenty of diatoms in the Hawaiin black sand I have, and tons of lime green tint on the live rock insinuating the start of the coralline algae phase. So, I am hopeful it will adjust and make and appearance sometime down the line. But, on the contrary all of my Zoas, Mushrooms, Toadstool, Duncan and GSP are opening just fine, so maybe she won't. Who knows? As the commenter above stated "I don't know" which I have found to be the most helpful information in reefing so far. Just wait and see. Also, never had any hair algae or aiptasia so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Feeding frozen mysis about twice a week and running straight floss no skimmer. (15 gallon IM cube, Nicrew cheapo light) It has been cheap, peaked my interest and kept me happy which is all I can ask for. Strategic neglect is indeed the best way for a beginner to learn.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back