Xenia looks like crap now.

MetaKnight101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
261
Reaction score
100
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title says it all, My Xenia looks absolutely terrible, its been look like a flat pancake for about 6 months now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's the only coral that looks like it's dying, the rest of my corals are flourishing. I haven't ran carbon lately and I only run a small skimmer along with my tank. I feed my corals with "Reef Roids" and "Red Sea Coral" weekly. Any ideas?

I don't think trace elements really affect them since it's a soft coral but I'll include them as well.

Magnesium: 1300
Calcium: 450
Alkalinity: 11

Lighting: Red Sea ReefLed 90

Flow: Medium

Before (Like a year ago)
IMG_0581.JPG


Now
IMG_E0123.JPG
 
You may have a Xenia eating nudibranch hiding in your tank. They are very hard to see and can of laugh so well they can look like polyps
 
You may have a Xenia eating nudibranch hiding in your tank. They are very hard to see and can of laugh so well they can look like polyps
I'm not sure if it's nudibranch cause it still opens a little bit at night and I don't see any missing tissues from xenia it's just shrunken.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new