xenia on my leather?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oliver94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oliver94

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
265
Reaction score
9
Location
Lebanon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a leather coral few days ago,today I noticed few corals on the bottom of it!

I though of xenia,what do you think? they are purple,and they are all joined by a thick base,that is not visible in the pic,they are small.

and on the back also of this leather coral there are also some other coral but I don't know what.. they look similar to these but they are brown,and taller/and fully opened.

Any idea of the one in the picture?


xenia.jpg
 
i was thinking why the xenia is not opening,I just noticed that she is in the great and huge shadow of my leather and it is impossible for her to catch any light.. would it be possible to remove it from its base ??and "glue" it on a new live rock??

Thank you! :)
 
Xenia do best under high lighting and moderate flow. You could take a razor blade and remove the hitch hiking corals however do it so that you do not damage the leather. Xenia cannot be glued unless they are attached to a piece of subsitrate. They can be placed in a container with coral ruble and they will attach themselves in about two days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new