Xenia Xenia Xenia

  • Thread starter Thread starter itsgoochy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

itsgoochy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am once again reaching out to my fellow reefers for a little insight. (With no guilt given only about a year experience) however I'm having difficulty with one of my Xenia pieces.. One is a frag and has flourished within 20 minutes of dropping it into a tank of nutri seawater that had cycled for about a month. The other went in at the same time! Xenia with about 10 mushrooms on board the same live rock. The problem I've been having is the piece in question has always seemed to be a little more dull looking, barely pulses, and is definitely a more stemmy or strandy piece. My question or concern would be is there anything I can do to help this Xenia out? I've tried moving it to the same spot the healthier Xenia was and it didn't help so it seems flow and light isn't an issue. Any insight is appreciated thanks in advance
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I think you're comparing two different types of Xenia so they shouldn't act/look the same. Pink and longer is the Pulsing variety (top). Shorter and white is Pom Pom.
 
Should have put that in the post Because they do look different but I wasn't sure if they were two different types or one was just doing better than the other! Thanks for the insight guys!
 
Even the same xenia behaves and appears differently in the tank based on water flow and lighting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new