XF 350 falling from glass

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will fall from the glass if they are not submerged in water. Under normal operation in the water I have no issues with mine falling.

My glass is 3/4"

it creeps down counter clockwise, if I hang the wire straight over the edge of the tank it doesn’t move with the wire supporting it. If I run the wire from the side out the back of the tank it immediately sags before my eyes.

water or not the pump shouldn’t move. MP40’s and MP60’s have zero issues

Either way they are going back, I won’t own a product from a poor company that fails to admit it has a problem and wants to sell you on a pi** poor add on sale

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect

Received 2 XF350's today to use on my 3/4" glass tank along with the IPV6 controller, unfortunately have to return them due to them moving on the glass. Total disappointment that a product is claiming to work on something when it clearly does not. I tried getting support on Maxspect's site and I never get the account creation confirmation email trying a couple of different accounts.

Oh well, add another company to the list of selling products that do not work as claimed.

I wish I would've read this first and I would've steered clear
Hi we are sorry for your inconvenience. Actually, the pumps are made of plastics, though it looks heavy in the air, in water there's water buoyancy, it should be able to fixed with the magnets.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi we are sorry for your inconvenience. Actually, the pumps are made of plastics, though it looks heavy in the air, in water there's water buoyancy, it should be able to fixed with the magnets.

How is it acceptable that the pumps fall off of 3/4 inch glass when not in water and move when in water? It's obvious that these do not work to spec and has been documented in this thread. @MarineDepot has refused my return telling me I need to put a warranty claim in with coralvue

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it acceptable that the pumps fall off of 3/4 inch glass when not in water and move when in water? It's obvious that these do not work to spec and has been documented in this thread. @MarineDepot has refused my return telling me I need to put a warranty claim in with coralvue
Noted. If you found it unacceptable, please kindly check it with our local distributor Coralvue, they will provide after service support to you.
Please feel free to head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted. If you found it unacceptable, please kindly check it with our local distributor Coralvue, they will provide after service support to you.
Please feel free to head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you

Will do, thankfully purchase protection exist for these reasons.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back