XF200 and 300 series - ICV6 questions

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I've had a flick through previous posts and can't obviously see an answer to this. I've tried googling and can't find the instruction manual for the ICV6 either.

I'm hoping someone who's got one can hope

Some questions:

1) Am I right in thinking this will work with 200 and 300 series? I have 3 tanks running Gyres (mixture of 230, 250 and 350) - being able to manage by app is soooo much easier so I'd ideally like to manage them all that way.

2) Is it a case of one ICV6 per tank or does it work more like the reef link that you can control multiple provided they're on the same network?

3) Does it replace the controller that comes with the pumps or does it plug into it as an extra add on?

4) What will happen to the existing programs - will it override them or does it delete them?

Thanks in advance!

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Nathan;

Thanks for your support. Regarding the questions, the answer is as below:
1) For Gyre 300 series, and Gyre 200 series of Firmware 2.0 or above, they can be controlled added via ICV6.
The methods of checking its firmware version is, the firmware version will flash when the controller is turning on.
Firmware.png

A2.3 means its firmware is 2.3. But if Gyre 200 series firmware version is lower than 2.0, they need firmware update before they can be connected to ICV6. The firmwares and firmware update methods are as below:
http://www.maxspect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=493&lang=en
2) ICV6 is a hotspot, like your router, it can connect to multiple maxspect devices, as long as the distance is not too far away.
3) ICV6 is an extra add on, and works as a hotspot to transfer data from phones. You still need Gyre controllers to receive the data and control the pumps.
4) It depends. If you have to reset the Gyre controllers or update its firmware, the settings might be gone.

Please kindly have a check.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back