PSA if you have an old Maxspect ICV6 ..

ShakerBreaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my Maxspect Ethereals for an age now and recently they started acting up and turning on or off at odd hours. Every time I opened the app though, the schedule would correct. I had a hunch that the controller was just losing the time and after taking it apart I can confirm that the ICV6 has a small CR1220 battery that keeps the system time just like a motherboard. So if yours is hitting that 7 year or so mark and starting to act weird .. might want to change that battery.

OP
OP
ShakerBreaker

ShakerBreaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more impressed that it's lasted 7 years...
I love my ethereals. to be fair its been a bit more than 7 years, but I had a devasting tank crash back in 2015 and these were one of the things I saved in storage incase I ever came back.. they were not being used for about 4-5 years there and I don't remember exactly when i bought them.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my ethereals. to be fair its been a bit more than 7 years, but I had a devasting tank crash back in 2015 and these were one of the things I saved in storage incase I ever came back.. they were not being used for about 4-5 years there and I don't remember exactly when i bought them.
Sitting idle in "storage" still counts! lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back