XR15 G4 - questions / mobius settings

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup 2 Xr15 G4 Pros a little over a month ago.
Since I don't know much about reef lights, I loaded a 'AB+ for lps' template, and activated a 30 days acclimate periode.

Now after a little over 30 days, the light is still the same, and no difference in PAR readings.
I only have 50-80 PAR at bottom and just around 100 at the middle of tank.

I think I would like around 100 at the bottom, as I feel 50-60 PAR is a little low for my hammers, and maybe 120-150 for the torches.

Can anyone tell me some magic to make the acclimating work, or should I just increase intensity every now and then manually?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your lights first to the intensity you want to have them at (say 50%max intensity) and once you have it set, then you enable the acclimation mode and set it for how many days/weeks and at what starting percentage you want the acclimation mode to start off with.

Or as you mentioned you can just bump your intensity a little bit every week or so until you reach the PAR leverl you want to achieve.

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your lights first to the intensity you want to have them at (say 50%max intensity) and once you have it set, then you enable the acclimation mode and set it for how many days/weeks and at what starting percentage you want the acclimation mode to start off with.

Or as you mentioned you can just bump your intensity a little bit every week or so until you reach the PAR leverl you want to achieve.
Sorry for the late reply.
It seems the template I previously set, isn't listed in the mobius app.
I have chosen a new 'LPS' template, and set it at 14 days acclimate.
I have no idea what the 'schedule' percentages are.
Also, what are the dotted line curve? Tapping one of these points shows / changes the light to 100% intensity. Is it simply to show the curve at 100%?
Screenshot_20210623-104826_Mobius.jpg

It looks 'coirect' with an intensity at 35%, and channels at various percentages would give an overall of 20-ish % intensity.

Am I getting this right?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back