XR15, Hydra 26 or 360WE?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bmw015
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bmw015

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
273
Reaction score
135
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a Nuvo 16 gallon and need to upgrade my lighting. Will be upgrading to a 20x20x20” or 24x24x24” tank by the end of the year. Which light should I go with and will work with both tanks. Thank you!
 
A single unit of the lights you mentioned might not be enough for the larger tank, but should be fine for the smaller tank. It depends on what you are going to keep in the tank. If you are going to keep SPS in the larger tank, I would recommend adding T5's to the set up or getting 2 units to make sure you have good light coverage. I would also recommend getting the diffuser for the radions.

I have a reefer 170 deluxe which is about the same size as the tank you are upgrading to. I added T5's because the single hydra 26HD wasn't enough light for SPS's.
 
A single unit of the lights you mentioned might not be enough for the larger tank, but should be fine for the smaller tank. It depends on what you are going to keep in the tank. If you are going to keep SPS in the larger tank, I would recommend adding T5's to the set up or getting 2 units to make sure you have good light coverage. I would also recommend getting the diffuser for the radions.

I have a reefer 170 deluxe which is about the same size as the tank you are upgrading to. I added T5's because the single hydra 26HD wasn't enough light for SPS's.

I would like sps. My current light isn’t strong enough for SPS, so I haven’t quite gotten the bug yet. But I’m sure I will. One of my anemone is very unhappy with my lighting sitch. Do my anemone is my main concern.
 
If it were me, I would go with the XR15 with the diffuser for now knowing that I would have to get an additional light or add T5's later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new