Xr15 Pro Gen4 Power Supply Specs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Just got two used ones at a screaming deal but didn’t come with power supplies. Could someone give me the specs on these or take a picture of theirs(side with the specs)?

Thanks!
Salt

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a few choices. Through ecotech they're $75 or you can do as I did and get a couple 24v 4a power supply from Amazon for less than $20 each
Screenshot_20180730-155737_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have replaced gen3 pros and gen4 pros with them successfully. They're perfect

Reef_A_Lot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I’m in the same boat with the G4 Pros XR30s. Will these work for them also?

MoKan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I’m in the same boat with the G4 Pros XR30s. Will these work for them also?

Those won't. But this is an awesome thread if you have the old power brick type. If not, you can retrofit and fix it using the same principle

Reef_A_Lot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those won't. But this is an awesome thread if you have the old power brick type. If not, you can retrofit and fix it using the same principle

How do I go about doing that? I was shocked to see the replacement power supplies at $150 each.

Waiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey even im looking to buy a xr30 gen 4 pro and was wondering what would work as he dosent give power supply

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out what voltage, amperage and DC jack size that the OEM one is. They are all for the most part just rebranded Chinese power supplies being sold. There are some fixtures that actually use quality Meanwell solutions, if so you can order them through any type of electrical supply store at probably near half the cost of the "branded" solution.

There is nothing magical about a branded power supply other than paying a large mark-up. There are different build quality levels and efficiency ratings, but again, most vendors are pushing what's adequate, not what is the best, to drive their equipment that only carries a 1 year warranty.

Waiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out what voltage, amperage and DC jack size that the OEM one is. They are all for the most part just rebranded Chinese power supplies being sold. There are some fixtures that actually use quality Meanwell solutions, if so you can order them through any type of electrical supply store at probably near half the cost of the "branded" solution.

There is nothing magical about a branded power supply other than paying a large mark-up. There are different build quality levels and efficiency ratings, but again, most vendors are pushing what's adequate, not what is the best, to drive their equipment that only carries a 1 year warranty.
Do you know then size of the cable that goes into the lights

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a few choices. Through ecotech they're $75 or you can do as I did and get a couple 24v 4a power supply from Amazon for less than $20 each
Screenshot_20180730-155737_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have replaced gen3 pros and gen4 pros with them successfully. They're perfect
I am digging up an old post :) I was using one of this amazon power supply and it died a few days ago. I would say it only last about 7-9 months. Given that it’s less than $20, wonder if worth it to give it another try or bite the bullet and get the OEM one for around $80.

Are yours still rocking?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the one that died on me was a 4A, would a 5A width stand and perhaps last longer? Correct me if I am wrong, not familiar with this

DancingWind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) you could also go just a little bit more diy and abit more expensive and get a big butt Meanwell and replace all of your LED. and you will probably have a better PSU then Ecotecs original:

In principle take your dead psu look at 3 things:
a) Voltage - all DC voltage is the same (probably 24V or 36V)
b) amps or Watts - aka power, don't go below, but you can definitely above - even 10 more powerfull :)
c) power jack to connect psu to led- hopefully ecotech uses a standard barrel connector - go to your radioelectronics shop ad get a bag those. Even if they use something unusual it will not be a totally custom jack. or just jack of and reuse old.

extra tip: get nice flexible fat wire and you can run it quite a few meters - no more power strips above the tank

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back