Yasha Goby Pistol Shrimp Pair

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A little less than a month ago I put a yasha and pistol shrimp in my tank. The problem is that I don't get to see my goby as often as I'd like.

If I were to take the shrimp out would I see him more? Would it stress the yasha out too much? What are your thoughts?

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same either way. That's just how gobies are. I actually prefer to have the shrimp cuz you cants see this kind symbiotic relationship anywhere else.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I see my yasha goby at feeding time and that's about it, sometimes he sits out in the open but not often

Current107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, You won't see him much regardless unless you limit your rock work or make panels on the tank more viewable (Peninsula)

Mundeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same stories as above...i've seen that dang shrimp EXACTLY once since putting him in there. My Yasha, named Takeo (from COD Zombies) is usually only visible at dinner time. They still haven't found each other though. You'd have to take all the rock out, remove the shrimp and fish, then put the rock and fish in and give him a few days to find his main spot in the tank, then try to release the shrimp right on his doorstep. Kind of a hassle if you ask me. I've heard some refers have success just by rearranging the aquascape though...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back