Yellow clown goby Acropora recovery

dazmargrave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past couple of days my yellow clown goby has all of a sudden had a taste for my two acro frags and completley stripped one of its tissue and stipped a stalk of the other and turned it completely white im looking for someone with any experiance with acropora to tell me if its recoverable now i have removed the Goby or will they die now they have had tissue removed

Thanks in advance

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past couple of days my yellow clown goby has all of a sudden had a taste for my two acro frags and completley stripped one of its tissue and stipped a stalk of the other and turned it completely white im looking for someone with any experiance with acropora to tell me if its recoverable now i have removed the Goby or will they die now they have had tissue removed

Thanks in advance
Pictures say a thousand words.

I also find it hard to believe that a goby eats acros.

rgulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this particular goby does eat acros. Pretty much the mainstay of its diet if allowed the opportunity.

Posted this for another prospective Citron Goby owner a few days ago: Impact of coral predators on tropical reefs_Marine Ecology Progress Series 367_73.
Take a peek at page labeled 89 (page 17 of the pdf), "Gobiodon citrinus", with 99% of its gut contents acropora polyps.
I found out the hard way about 15 years ago when one stripped a dozen or so frags before I could remove it.
Like many corallivores, it can be managed in a large aquarium with a robust growth of acropora. Starting out with frags, not so much.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ray :cool:

Attachments

• Impact of coral predators on tropical reefs_Marine Ecology Progress Series 367_73.pdf
    715.9 KB · Views: 6

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back