Yellow Corris Wrasse flashing...

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Corris Wrasse recently out of QT showing issues.

I recently released a YCW and a pair of Bangaii Cardinals. Upon receiving the three fish I did one immediate treatment with Prazipro, then scaled up copper concentration of Copper Power over a week to a concentration of 1.6-1.9 (Varied over time). I was at therapeutic levels for 31 days. Upon completion of the Copper treatment I removed the copper via cuprisorb and water changes. After 48 hours I completed 2 more treatments of Prazipro 4 days appart.

I introduced the fish into the aquarium yesterday, previous residence were a blue chromis, two mai thai clowns, two blennies (Starry and Tailspot). A smattering of clean up crew containing shrimp, emerald crab, and a handful of different snails.

When I received the YCW it was flashing on the white PVC in QT however once copper got up to concentration it did not display this behavior… I had noticed a faded white spot on the side of the YCW that did not go away during QT however I just chalked it up to a blemish.

24 hours later now in my DT, the YCW is flashing again in the same manner (and on the same spot the blemish had remained) The wrasse now has created a sore on this spot and I’m worried its possibly some kind of infection.

Suggestions? I believe it will be near impossible to capture this guy out the DT now.

wrasse spot.jpg

OP
OP
JBKReef

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
266744B7-AEBB-4ECC-90B8-D46C524C2EBA.jpeg

This is supposed to be a GIF of the wrasse flashing, however its a live photo from Apple and the formatting demons within their software are not cooperating.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back