Yellow Hammer Price?

maddy999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted a fluorescent yellow hammer for quite a while, can someone tell me if this is overpriced? ($200 per head) and any recommendations on where else to look

A3DE07CC-B1F3-4C33-949E-6511A4A7795F.png

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly the yellow hammers you see online like that will 99% of the time not look that yellow in our tanks set to normal lighting, more tan brown. Real holy grail (and i stress lineage here) will probably have the most amount of yellow if that is what you are looking for.
Gold torches have the most fluorescent yellow if that is what you are after

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't buy from vendors like that................that is at least double what other vendors charge. I paid 40 for a head of that at a local swap.

There is nothing rainbow about that coral. It's a yellow tip hammer.

You can get a yellow tip hammer from many other vendors. I've seen wall hammer colonies go for 225-250 that are 3-5"

Last edited:

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this holy grail hammer online here in the marketplace and this is the closest I've gotten to actually yellow 20220430_172728.jpg
you see them from time to time but I can tell you I didn't pay no 200 for a head lol
Nice I recently just got this same exactly hammer a few days ago from corals.com it’s a beautiful piece and I got it for 35 bucks along with another bronze colored hammer for 30 that had 2 heads. Nice piece dude!

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted a fluorescent yellow hammer for quite a while, can someone tell me if this is overpriced? ($200 per head) and any recommendations on where else to look

A3DE07CC-B1F3-4C33-949E-6511A4A7795F.png
I’d have to agree with everyone else here. That price is ridiculous.. I check their site out from time to time and the price gouging is on another level with most of the frags they post. ime the frags I’ve gotten from tsa In the past did have some nice color but for the prices they want to charge it’s just not worth it. Corals.com is good for some nice lps that’s pest free and they post pics in full spectrum day light so your not going to get tricked. In most cases I actually think the colors are better in person which is rare these days! I just got a gold hammer for 35 bucks it’s an indo.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back