• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Yellow jacket growout

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question
you won the bid for 100$ you said right? - shouldn't the growout be more like 15 dollar buy in (allowing for shipping cost) for ten people or am i missing something?

they are a cool zoa and would maybe be worth 20 a polyp but a growout should cost each participant the same amount and equal the total the cost of the starting frag otherwise you are just preselling frags

understand what i'm saying? not busting your chops just questioning cause your proposal doesn't seem to make sense. i think you maybe started with the good intention of sharing but it got lost

just a thought - just grow it out yourself, enjoy it, and share it with your freinds if it does well.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He bought a single polyp of these for $100 + shipping, not the entire frag. Twenty dollars a polyp for these is MORE than reasonable and I am glad to pay that much to add this sick paly to my collection.

BenT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
either you get it and you're in or you don't....$20 a polyp is dirt cheap. Welcome to Coral2009!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up nobody else interested? what is it i have to do post a pic of the actual polyp. only $20 is not bad. a lot of you wanted a frag when the pics were first posted. this is a great opurtunity. i dont think you will get this for $20 anywhere else.
yea why would i give u my money with out actually seeing your polyp, once u post a pic ill be in but untill then im out

holdyourlight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea why would i give u my money with out actually seeing your polyp, once u post a pic ill be in but untill then im out

read one of the latest posts on the main yellow jacket thead. these things are like a chalice..i dont believe they look all that great until you have half a dozen of them.just like a chalice needs to get to a certain size to look good. I can't send out the "soprano" looking ones to everyone because they don't all look like that. Some of them are completely yellow with almost no black. Some adults are alot bigger than others. These are the oddest palys i have seen. Please don't judge these guys until you see a mini colony shot like the one in the main thread.

crisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, can't wait to get a frag. I saw the original package go up, and have been regretting not jumping on it quick enough.

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry guys im trying to get a pic of frag, but just came in yesterday and has not completely opened yet. pic will come asap.

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much is your shipping gonna be?have you shipped before?

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i think im gonna go with a bit taller tank in next few weeks so can maybe find a spot.

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got another polyp if anybody still interested. will get pic asap.
HERE IS THE PIC

IMG_0811.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back