Yellow Leather Throwing Out Sweepers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Martyd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
477
Reaction score
267
Location
Summerville, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is bother it and I've moved it twice. The "sweepers" are at least a foot long and I do think they can sting other corals. My rose bubble may have been a victim. Is there anything I can do short of removing it from the tank?
 
Only LPS have true 'sweeper' tentacles. I had something like that happen to one of my leather corals. It is not a sweeper tentacle, it is a benthic ctenophore.

Ctenophore.jpg


http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-03/rs/index.php

I
t is harmless and interesting, as well, so nothing to worry about.
 
That's exactly what it is. Thanks for the info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new