Yellow Porites

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
24,468
Reaction score
2,539
Location
Marshall, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keeping yellow Porites? I recently picked up a colony cheap just because I've never kept one before. It was more of a brownish color and I've heard they can be dull in color but I've seen pics of some really nice yellow ones. I'm crushing mine with light under a Maxspect Razor at 100% in a 40 breeder frag tank. I'm starting to see yellow tips and a green base. Please share your pics and experiences if you're keeping or have kept this coral.
 
Had a nice glowing green/yellow tint to it in my frag tank. I moved it to the display and it just looked tan again. It's back in the frag tank now hasn't grown a bit and is just tan. :/
 
I have had one for years and keep growing it out. Its branching with yellow tips and a hint of green in the base. I will see if I can get an old pic. I just started over with another frag of it.
 
Like to see pics Gabe! Such a underdog sps. Some are so beautiful! I had a blue one at one point but lost it during a tank break down.
 
Mine is too ugly for pics. Lol. I only bought it to see if I can get it to color up. I've seen some in the store that are amazingly yellow. I never see that color in anyone's tank though.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new