Yellow Porites

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keeping yellow Porites? I recently picked up a colony cheap just because I've never kept one before. It was more of a brownish color and I've heard they can be dull in color but I've seen pics of some really nice yellow ones. I'm crushing mine with light under a Maxspect Razor at 100% in a 40 breeder frag tank. I'm starting to see yellow tips and a green base. Please share your pics and experiences if you're keeping or have kept this coral.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a nice glowing green/yellow tint to it in my frag tank. I moved it to the display and it just looked tan again. It's back in the frag tank now hasn't grown a bit and is just tan. :/

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for years and keep growing it out. Its branching with yellow tips and a hint of green in the base. I will see if I can get an old pic. I just started over with another frag of it.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to see pics Gabe! Such a underdog sps. Some are so beautiful! I had a blue one at one point but lost it during a tank break down.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is too ugly for pics. Lol. I only bought it to see if I can get it to color up. I've seen some in the store that are amazingly yellow. I never see that color in anyone's tank though.

Back