Yellow tang health

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got this yellow tang getting him up to 2.5ppm copper with copper power going to maybe treat for bacterial infections mainly because of the red spots but just wanted to know if he looked healthy or not? IMG_8064.jpeg IMG_8062.jpeg IMG_8063.jpeg IMG_8061.jpeg IMG_8060.jpeg IMG_8059.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8066.mov
    31.1 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I recently got this yellow tang getting him up to 2.5ppm copper with copper power going to maybe treat for bacterial infections mainly because of the red spots but just wanted to know if he looked healthy or not? IMG_8064.jpeg IMG_8062.jpeg IMG_8063.jpeg IMG_8061.jpeg IMG_8060.jpeg IMG_8059.jpeg
Red spots often a sign of vitamin deficiency, bacterial and even stress.
Is fish breathing normal or rapid?
What foods are you feeding it.

OP
OP
J

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red spots often a sign of vitamin deficiency, bacterial and even stress.
Is fish breathing normal or rapid?
What foods are you feeding it.
I feed nori everyday along with frozen mysis I put selcon in its food everyday the breathing is a bit rapid but my buddy owned this guy before me and when he got to big he gave it to me the weird part is it’s rapid breathing has been happening ever since he was young

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I feed nori everyday along with frozen mysis I put selcon in its food everyday the breathing is a bit rapid but my buddy owned this guy before me and when he got to big he gave it to me the weird part is it’s rapid breathing has been happening ever since he was young
Assure good water quality and ammonia below .025 and nitrate below 25. For foods- insufficient diet. They need fats and aminos as well as meats. Some foods to consider are:
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
Prime reef

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

OP
OP
J

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assure good water quality and ammonia below .025 and nitrate below 25. For foods- insufficient diet. They need fats and aminos as well as meats. Some foods to consider are:
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
Prime reef

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally
Thanks for the info I will do research to get a good diet for him and my others thanks!!!!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In the video, the fish is breathing hard and sort of swimming head up. You say it has been doing that a long time?

What is the ammonia level of the tank it is in?
If your friend owned it for some time, and his tank is healthy, do you think it needs a copper treatment?

The red spots are called petechia and yellow tangs get them a lot. If they don't spread, I generally just ignore them.

Jay

OP
OP
J

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video, the fish is breathing hard and sort of swimming head up. You say it has been doing that a long time?

What is the ammonia level of the tank it is in?
If your friend owned it for some time, and his tank is healthy, do you think it needs a copper treatment?

The red spots are called petechia and yellow tangs get them a lot. If they don't spread, I generally just ignore them.

Jay
I have the ammonia badge that says it’s safe but I can check again my friends tanks is at zero I was thinking because the fish was in a Red Sea 250 for so long it started to swim that way (about a year and a half) but older videos show him swimming kinda similar even at a young age I’m not sure if it’s a swim bladder issue or something else. The fish is in a 20 gallon long qt I am only putting it in copper because my friend does not qt anything so just to be safe and he will be going into a Red Sea 900 also he was captive bred

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back