yellow tangs on Biota!!

I'd really like to have one but my tank just won't work with it.
 
The poor things always look so scrawny when my LFS gets them in. Glad they grow quickly!

Lol. That isn't nice (TEASING!). I've not purchased a Yellow from them yet but I know the other fish that I have arrive small. Scrawny as you suggested. But they do grow quickly. My Gold Lined Rabbit probably the fastest out of all I have so far. Size of a US $0.25 quarter and now pushing 6" in a year. Darn thing is going to force me to upgrade...
 
Lol. That isn't nice (TEASING!). I've not purchased a Yellow from them yet but I know the other fish that I have arrive small. Scrawny as you suggested. But they do grow quickly. My Gold Lined Rabbit probably the fastest out of all I have so far. Size of a US $0.25 quarter and now pushing 6" in a year. Darn thing is going to force me to upgrade...
There are a few large yellow tangs in the tanks of my LFS, so when they get the Biota ones in they're these skinny, pale cartoonish versions side-by-side ... And expensive - $250 CAD per!
 
There are a few large yellow tangs in the tanks of my LFS, so when they get the Biota ones in they're these skinny, pale cartoonish versions side-by-side ... And expensive - $250 CAD per!
Ive noticed that- Its like a trademark.
Reminds me of the popular sharPei puppies with their wrinkled bellies


1690555608486.png
 
The poor things always look so scrawny when my LFS gets them in. Glad they grow quickly!
You know I was so weary of getting one for this reason but decided to pull the trigger after loosing my adult yellow. Glad I did, he colored up and fattened up so fast! His name is Chip since he looks like a potato chip! The one in the clear bucket is when I first got him and was acclimating him. Very happy with him!! @Biota_Marine :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2289.jpeg
    IMG_2289.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 175
You know I was so weary of getting one for this reason but decided to pull the trigger after loosing my adult yellow. Glad I did, he colored up and fattened up so fast! His name is Chip since he looks like a potato chip! The one in the clear bucket is when I first got him and was acclimating him. Very happy with him!! @Biota_Marine :)
My clowns totally act like he is their kid lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new