Yellow Watchman issue

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just bought a yellow watchman to a 20g tank and he just hides all day long, I caught him out of his cave a few times, but when it he sees me, he runs like crazy back to his home. He is just 3 days on the tank with a pair of ocellaris. Is that normal? When he will get a little bit more brave? Is there something that I can do to socialize him more with me? I read that a lot of them eats on owner's hand, would like to teach him that too, is there some tricks?
Help me please!

Another question, how do I make a couple with him? It works just like ocellaris?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had three firefish decide to hide for a MONTH! Then one day, they just decided to come out and play.
Thats sad, I want a firefish too and really want to see him all over tha place, but the good news are, while I was "camping" in front of my tank, he felt a lil bit more safe to get out e swin a few steps out.
20210723_165438.jpg

Thats him n his grumpy lil face, He is too young, really dont know if he is going to turn gray or yellow.
20210706_113230.jpg

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hes still just getting used to his new home and surroundings. As long as he looks healthy I am sure he will become more comfortable soon.
Thats sad, I want a firefish too and really want to see him all over tha place, but the good news are, while I was "camping" in front of my tank, he felt a lil bit more safe to get out e swin a few steps out.
20210723_165438.jpg

Thats him n his grumpy lil face, He is too young, really dont know if he is going to turn gray or yellow.
20210706_113230.jpg
Yeah, look
Nowadays he looks like that on white
20210711_131131.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many fish will hide until they are comfortable in their new home. That is, of course, how many stay alive in the ocean. Give them time (as much as it takes) and eventually they'll show themselves.

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many fish will hide until they are comfortable in their new home. That is, of course, how many stay alive in the ocean. Give them time (as much as it takes) and eventually they'll show themselves.
For sure, I love to watch this lil fella n feels like he is getting used to his new home

Back