Yellow wrasse with costipation?

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is happening to my yellow coris wrasse. I got her Saturday from my lfs and she was a little stressed when we put her in. She buried herself in the sand and hid for a few days, coming out every so often and then hiding again. On Monday my bf noticed she was out and messaged me while I was at work. I said she might be hungry so he fed her some flake food, a tiny amount, before I could tell him to bust out the frozen shrimp.

On Tuesday I accidentally spooked her out of hiding so i decided to try and feed her then and she went to town chowing down. Yesterday i noticed she had a brown stringy poop sticking out of her but seemed fine otherwise, though I did notice her belly looked a little bloated but she eventually Houdini'd back into the sand.

Today as I was getting ready for work, I noticed she was out laying in top of the sand and appears to have swimming troubles. She struggling to swim, and ends up laying on her side or ending up doing a barrel roll and can't seem to bury herself like she usually does. My two other fish, an oscellaris and a photon clown are fine. And my corals look fine too. I wasn't able to test water parameters needing to go to work but I can test them when I get home in a few hours.

I tried looking up something like this but have limited time to try and search the 'net. Joe likely is it constipation or swim bladder issues and if it is, should i try feeding her a pea despite her being a carnivore?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try dosing the tank with plain USP epsom salts. 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of tank water. It's a laxative.

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened to my wrasse it is getting worse, I came home from work find the fish on the sandbed bed laying upside down and breathing rapidly. It will occasionally twitch but beyond that it looks almost dead. Everything else in my tank is fine but the yellow wrasse.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back