Yellowface Pikeblenny Experience?

Venator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D196B6F1-2032-4616-B11E-3C56844CE015.jpeg

I will be recieving a yellowface pikeblenny from KP Aquatics in a couple of days (Phil is a great guy, BTW)! I’ve wanted one of these little guys for ages, and now ones gonna have a whole tank to themselves!
...okay, even if it just a pico. I’ll be upgrading soon and he’ll be pretty small regardless. Anywho, I was just looking for some advice or tips. I’m not worried, but there is like no info on any threads about these little guys in home aquaria (also, people say they’re peaceful but is that really the case? I see those youtube vids of them attacking mirrors...). Well, thanks, and sorry for the long post. :D

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course! They’re awesome little guys. I wanted a bluethroat or an orange cheek, but meh. :rolleyes:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are only aggressive to other pike blennies, otherwise quite peaceful. They are jumpers and can fit through tiny openings. They also aren't terribly long lived. Given an appropriate footprint they can be kept as a colony. I had a colony of 12 a couple years ago from kp aquatics. Very interesting fish.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Just curious: do they act more like they would in the wild as a colony, then?
Yes. Female space out about 6-10" apart, males about 12-15" apart. Males display to females and display and spar among themselves.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back