Yet another little hitchhiker, Vir Euphyllius

Dutch_Mill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this little fella in one of my latest Euphyllia imports. After taking it out for a better picture I put it back in the torch coral.

20230918_103403.jpg 20230918_103059.jpg

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very similar but Vir Euphylliius hosts Euphyllia. Reef builders has a nice article on these rare hitchhikers.
So instead of an anemone shrimp its actually an coral shrimp? Besides that its pretty much the same thing as an anemone shrimp considering they are Cnidarians

OP
OP
Dutch_Mill

Dutch_Mill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So instead of an anemone shrimp its actually an coral shrimp? Besides that its pretty much the same thing as an anemone shrimp considering they are Cnidarians

Not sure where you are trying to get at. Are you suggesting that any animal that hosts anemones is the same animal of the same family that hosts corals? Don't think animal taxonomy works that way but ofcourse you're welcome to suggest otherwise.

Anyway Coral Shrimps are Anemone Shrimps are not the same animal.

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you are trying to get at. Are you suggesting that any animal that hosts anemones is the same animal of the same family that hosts corals? Don't think animal taxonomy works that way but ofcourse you're welcome to suggest otherwise.

Anyway Coral Shrimps are Anemone Shrimps are not the same animal.

My bad on phrasing, i was saying anemones and corals are Cnidarians.

Back