You have a monster named coral...and have no room...what do you do?

whbaskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone, just to throw something else out there;

I am a Middle School Science teacher in Florida doing everything I can to teach the kids about the joys, beauty, and importance of marine life. I have built a 500 gal reef system (witht the financial help of the Tampa Bay Lightning) in my class room, and have been teaching children about this hobby for quite some time...

As you can probably understand, being a Public school teacher, funds for this tanks are extremely limited, so if all of your other efforts with the pieces don't seem to work, or make you happy....please consider donating your beautiful pieces to my program to teach future biologists or even hobbyists...

If this is something that interests you, please feel free to let me know!!

All the best!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, then I wonder if you would be able to take it as a tax write off if it was donated? Either way, I think the concensus is that you need to keep one of the two or at least a frag for yourself. It is very beautiful. Congrats on have such a great show piece.

Maybe you should set up it's own tank. ;) See if you can get it to grow up the walls.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do any frags I know there are some folks here in Al. starting to really enjoy chalices.I have a friend who has a Miami Hurricane about that size and can't bring himself to cut it yet.Good luck and happy reefing.It is a good problem to have.LOL

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would cut that bad boy up into multiple good sized frags and sell them for a good price that you can live with to your local reefers and others if you are willing to ship. Honestly who care if you flood the market with them you'd be making your local reef club happy and hopefully your goodwill will come back to you some day. Either that or as someone else said, trade a vender for credit and pick up some other gems to grow into monsters.

whbaskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tabasco1,

As a matter of fact, you CAN take a tax write off for the full value of the piece or product; Reeflo has donated an incredible pump, Koralia has donated some power heads, Hydor has donated a Perfomace 3005 skimmer, etc...I have the necesary paperwork if needed!!!

e-zlight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone, just to throw something else out there;

I am a Middle School Science teacher in Florida doing everything I can to teach the kids about the joys, beauty, and importance of marine life. I have built a 500 gal reef system (witht the financial help of the Tampa Bay Lightning) in my class room, and have been teaching children about this hobby for quite some time...

As you can probably understand, being a Public school teacher, funds for this tanks are extremely limited, so if all of your other efforts with the pieces don't seem to work, or make you happy....please consider donating your beautiful pieces to my program to teach future biologists or even hobbyists...

If this is something that interests you, please feel free to let me know!!

All the best!

I actually believe you contacted me when I was selling my 125gal long. It's gone now, but would love to see pics of your system.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
donate it to a non profit it wont get cut up and you get the full value in a tax credit $$$$
someone in my area just did it with a 240g seahorse tank, they donated it to a colledge

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back