Torch coral

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a black torch coral with orange tips and I was wondering what kind of led lighting it needs and what flow. How many watts do I need that would also work for soft corals. It would be great if someone can write what is the name of led light and where u can buy it and the flow circulation pump or wave maker. Please and thank you. I would prefer an LED light that is for the torch coral and can also work for soft corals please

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a black torch coral with orange tips and I was wondering what kind of led lighting it needs and what flow. It would be great if someone can write what is the name of led light and where u can buy it and the flow circulation pump or wave maker. Please and thank you. I would prefer an LED light that is for the torch coral and can also work for soft corals please
Need more Info like tank size? Tons of lights to choose from so a budget would be ideal also.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need more Info like tank size? Tons of lights to choose from so a budget would be ideal also.
It’s a 10 gallon tank and preferably under 70 because I spent my last getting the tank and everything for it and food for coral

m3xm3xm3x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can you clarify if you have existing lighting? Since you bought a torch coral already but have no lights or looking to upgrade lights?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A smaller Jaebo wave maker would be fine for flow as for the lighting I’d say try to find a used Ai prime or something along those lines but not sure you can find one that cheap.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can you clarify if you have existing lighting? Since you bought a torch coral already but have no lights or looking to upgrade lights?
Sorry yes I have a light already when I set up the tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A smaller Jaebo wave maker would be fine for flow as for the lighting I’d say try to find a used Ai prime or something along those lines but not sure you can find one that cheap.
I found this wave maker is this one ok? For the wave maker is it a sow 4 or 8? and those two different lights would any of those two lights work?

IMG_3354.png IMG_3355.png IMG_3356.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back