You must consult with friends

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything to do with the coral or is this coral apparently dead? It does not scale after aquarium light comes on.
20180702_230347.jpeg

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it looked like that? Looks to me like the polyps just aren't opened for some reason, and that happens for lots of reasons. It might be fine.

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it looked like that? Looks to me like the polyps just aren't opened for some reason, and that happens for lots of reasons. It might be fine.
Is there a chance that he will live?

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just question the image in your user is your aquarium ???

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of kenya tree or colt coral. It's not dead... they'll dissolve into nothing when they're beyond recall. Certainly not happy, though.

If he's a new addition, give it some time. If he's been in there a while (more than a week?), and still looks like that, he's unhappy about something. Try a different area... less/more flow, less/more light...

OP
OP
sagi

sagi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of kenya tree or colt coral. It's not dead... they'll dissolve into nothing when they're beyond recall. Certainly not happy, though.

If he's a new addition, give it some time. If he's been in there a while (more than a week?), and still looks like that, he's unhappy about something. Try a different area... less/more flow, less/more light...
I changed his position a few days ago and two days later it happened ... I'll try to get him back to where he was ... hope for the best thanks my friend .. do you think there's a chance he'll work out?

Dennis McGrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably fine. Some don't like change especially if the lighting of flow is different. Give it a few more days and it might be happy where it's at as long as the flow and lighting are ok.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back