You Never Know What You'll See at Petco

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
df3d9025.jpg

I hope no one tries to buy that for their 12 gallon biocube!

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ours had a yellow angler last week or maybe frog fish (not too sure on the unusual ones) sure was ugly cute really wish I hadn't seen it cause I keep feeling sorry for where it is & where it might go

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! What the heck is it called??? I think it is neat looking.

Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure looks like a Stone Fish type species to me... In which case its poisonous and very nasty.

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad only 1 petco out here carries a saltwater dept and they never have fish like that..
That fish should have been left in the ocean..

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours here had a 6" halarquin tusk and a 8" lion fish in one of there little tanks together. Tusk was just sitting in the corner obviously trying to stay away from the lion. We confronted them about like we have on several occasions on stuff like this and the manager just said that his big. Customers were requesting them and that's only place he had for them. On same visit had 2 Tomni tangs together in another small tank. I said then tell them to order off line if they want fish like that. He just walked away and said he had a business to run.

My wife and I have bought some fish and coral from there but after the last few times of seeing things like this it just makes us sick. My wife really wants to start a petition against them carrying these kinds of fish without adequate holding tanks. Not to say that can't carry any salt life but limit to what they can Order to what there tanks can hold properly.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the same tank there was a small Volitan lionfish and a Niger Trigger. There were about 5 freshwater feeder fish stuck to the filter pipe dead and the trigger was just laying there on it's side almost on top of the lionfish.

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sure looks like stone fish! hope they give good care instructions to any novice who thinks about taking him home.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even worse! Check out what was at the LFS across the street.

9feb7854.jpg

I never buy anything from this place but I do browse in there from time to time out of boredom. The livestock is in horrible condition always. Nothing survives very long in there. It's very disappointing.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude i would roust the owner of that store. That's straight up unacceptable

The sad thing is that's not the worst thing in there. They always have a tank crammed full of yellow tangs with Ich, velvet, HLLE, fin rot, you name it. I think it's a husband and wife that own the place and he husband is really friendly but the wife is one of the more rude people I've dealt with in a public place. I won't spend a dime in their store.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude i would roust the owner of that store. That's straight up unacceptable

They'll be out of business one day soon IMO with stock that looks like that. Depressing nonetheless.

Petco needs to stop selling fish. In fact, they just need to stop selling live animals there period.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back