Young tank riddled with Metal.

I don’t know anything about water testing but isn’t chlorine extremely elevated at close to 20 000 ppm ?

Not really. Chloride in normal seawater is about 19,400 ppm at 35 ppt. It is by far the most abundant ion in seawater.
 
By way of comparison, I routinely get certain samples for my job tested for a single chemical. That single chemical test costs $80, with a minimum batch fee of >$4,000 even if I only submit one sample. That said, I expect high quality results and I get them.

That definitely puts things into perspective.
 
They state "suggested reef tank to be 19000 ppm"

Yes, well, aiming for that exactly is somewhat nonsensical given that real seawater will only match that at a very specific salinity, and reef tank salinity and chloride varies a lot.

Here's the exact chloride level for a range of salinity that reefers keep using real seawater:

salinity (ppt) specific gravity chloride (mg/L)
32........................1.0241....................17,737
33........................1.0249....................18,291
34........................1.0256....................18,845
35........................1.0264....................19,400
36........................1.0271....................19,954
37........................1.0279....................20,509
 

Randy Holmes-Farley​


What is your suggested actions based on this ICP test

Reposting from earlier in the thread:

The Marine pure may be the cause of the aluminum, and I'd consider removing it. It's not likely impacting any other ICP issues.

Tin may be an issue, but I wouldn't go crazy looking for a source (like plastic tubing) unless the tank is apparently suffering.

I don't see other causes for action.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new