Your oldest saltwater fish?

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clownfish that is 8, my hybrid resplendent angel from Frank at RTC is about 5....heading to 6 years old in November. I also have a purple serpent starfish that is somewhere around 15-16 years old.

Paul, I remember when you lost your watchman gobies, that was a sad thread :(.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My FF is now 4yrs in my tank-actual age unknown :)
e7edy8u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I killed him, a 5 year old Moorish Idol, an 18 year old cusk eel and about 10 other fish. I was away on a family emergency (my Mother died) and those fish were in a spare tank as I was re aquascaping, there was no pump and I was only going away for a few hours, I didn't know she was going to die and I ended up staying away for a few days.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Suspecting my oldest fish period is about 2 years. My SW - or more accurately brackish - is about a year. Green Spotted Puffer.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I killed him, a 5 year old Moorish Idol, an 18 year old cusk eel and about 10 other fish. I was away on a family emergency (my Mother died) and those fish were in a spare tank as I was re aquascaping, there was no pump and I was only going away for a few hours, I didn't know she was going to die and I ended up staying away for a few days.
Oh, so sorry.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 years+ on a Sailfin Tang, Hippo Tang and Purple Tang in my previous system which was sold complete with fish to make way for my current system. Todays system is 9 years old and three of the original fish are 9 including a Foxface Rabbit and two clowns. I have a Sebae anemone in my nano that I have owned since 1990 also as well as RBTA's in my 100G that are 9 years old.

Johmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two eels that came with my 240 FO that are 20 years old. A Snowflake and a Zebra Moray. Caqn't get a good pic of the Zebra but he is just as big as the snowflake.
Jake 2.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connie, thank you but don't be sorry, I eat fish almost every day and those lived a long, happy life. I even let them watch anything they wanted on TV, even those stupid reality shows. :fear:

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a pair of percula clowns and a tomato clown since the initial startup of my first tank in 2002. Yesterday I ended up taking the tomato clown in to my LFS and giving it up, had gotten too darn aggressive. It would kill anything we put into the new big tank, and had been in "jail" in the 55 for the last several months. It was kinda sad, but I want to use that tank for new fish acclimating and can't have OJ in there killing everybody.

I also have an 8 or 9 year old long spine urchin and royal gramma.

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I have a Maroon clowfish too that has been with me for 6 yrs and she was already mature. Looks just like yours.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lololol!!
connie, thank you but don't be sorry, i eat fish almost every day and those lived a long, happy life. I even let them watch anything they wanted on tv, even those stupid reality shows. :fear:

n6ach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is great to see some living up and over 20 years.

We have a little yellow tail damsel that survived the initial cycling of the tank over 10yrs ago. The mrs, was mentioning that it would be sad to have him pass. He is the smallest fish in the tank but he holds his own. He has survived catastrophe after catastrophe and is still a boss.

Our next oldest fish would be a 6 year old spoiled Fox Face who thinks she needs to be hand fed.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back