DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

jc_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pink and bluish one on the left is AWESOME! Wow, where did you find something like that?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Goddess hooked me up....

Golden apples
DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1062.jpg

Bright oranges...
DSCN1063.jpg

Blue orange mix
DSCN1065.jpg

Then she sent this thing as well there are like 7-8 rics all connected, never seen anything like it.....
DSCN1064.jpg

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hy...very nice pics... how do you fix your rics in the Life rock???cyanoachrylate???

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The method I use is to put the rics on a coarse substrate (like crushed coral) and control flow so that they aren't getting blown around. A small floating box that you can somehow hold to the edge of the tank (to keep it from floating around the tank and flipping over). They will usually attach to the crushed coral in less than a week.

Knop did an article on rics in the most recent Coral Magazine that I thought was interesting. They frag themselves naturally this way, but I hadn't thought of intentionally trying it. Once they are attached to the crushed coral, they will likey be attached to a couple of pieces of crushed coral. Glue the 'now-attached-to-crushed-coral' ric to a new rock, allowing one piece of crushed coral to hang over the edge of the rock. This will slowly pull the ric in half, giving you two where you had one, with a natural propagation method. I'd make sure it is healthy before stretch propping it (or propagating anything, in general).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back