Yuma Question

ReefCAKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few Yumas start to wander lately, they unattach and float around my tank. The two that have done it recently I've had for 7-12 months. Chemistry has been stable and no changes to lighting or flow. Just wondering why they all the sudden started doing this? Haven't ever had this issues with yumas.

Chemistry
PH-8.3
ALK- 9.5
CA- 420
MG- 1440
Nitrates- 0 to barely reads
Phos- .03ppm

32 gallon, Hydra 26 HD being run at 40%, MP10QD for flow.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes mushrooms move, it happened to us. A few factors like flow can have an impact. Technically they are anemones so wandering is not unheard of.

OP
OP
ReefCAKE

ReefCAKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was pretty normal for them to move around. Just annoying when you have expensive yumas floating around. I made a collection cup with rock rubble with the hopes of them reattaching.

Reefapprentice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned many Yuma’s and never had them detach from the substrate I place them. While they have moved around it was typically do to too much light they were recieving and reproduced by leaving tissue behind as they moved. After that tissue developed into a yumathen did the same and moved for less harsh light.

OP
OP
ReefCAKE

ReefCAKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've never had them detach until recently. Its not petal laceration either as i have no new ones when they move. But they seem healthy so hopefully they reattach.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back