Zachary's Tank (Gilbert, AZ)

zwisham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted on here but here's an update on my tank that I started in September 2019. It's doing great; however, I think I'm going through my final algae phase and it's going away. It's been a fun adventure so far and I absolutely love my tank and the hobby.

Equipment: 30gal cube with 7 gallon sump; aquatop protein skimmer, aquatop return pump, two air pumps (one for the show tank and one in the sump), two heaters (one in the show tank and one in the sump), AI Reef16HD light, AI Nero 5, T-Link Kasa Strip, T-link Smart Plug, T-link Kasa Cams (x2), Nest Thermostat Sensor (to control the room climate).

Tech Routines: From 5pm-12pm (except on Mondays) my protein skimmer runs; however, it's off in the middle of the day cause of the noise and my work that I do. During the 12pm-5pm (Tuesday-Sunday) my air pump in my sump runs so I can keep a steady gas exchange going on. On Mondays, though, I have tons of work and have to have conference calls on speaker so I have to turn the return pump off for about 2 hours. During this period (from 2:50m to 4:15pm) the heater (which is usually off) in the show tank comes on and the air pump (which is normally off) in the show tank comes on. The AI Nero 5 is continuously running on it's schedule so flow is still present). All of this is automated so that it's consistent.

Livestock: About 12 hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails, 1 sand-sifting sea star, 3 green chromis, 1 yellow tailed blue damsal, 2 osciallaris clowns, lots of live rock, and a beautiful torch coral that I absolutely love.

Let me know if you think I should be doing something different or if it sounds good. So far, though, my live stock has been great!

image8.jpeg image7.jpeg image6.jpeg image5.jpeg image4.jpeg image1.png image0.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back