Zacks Nuvo 20g peninsula

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting a smaller tank for my room for a while. Was going to go what the heck the nuvo concept drop down peninsula but the acrylic aspect turned me away unfortunately. I finally decided on the 20g nuvo peninsula. Just got it wet and did the rock work about how I like. My plan is to take one of the hydra 26 hds from my other tank and use it over this one. I'll probably end up getting an apex jr and I'll still need and ato. I would love any feedback on the rockwork as it sits currently I'm not sure I'm sold on it yet. This tank will be mainly coral but I'll be transferring over my pair of black ice clowns from my other tank. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your structure on the left side. The peninsula seems so cool that you can just lean your rocks against the left side. Your right side is good as well. Totally a personal preference but is there any way to shift it around? Also having that huge surface at the top like that seems like it could mess up your gyre.

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's sort of the look I imagined was having this bigger structure against the back wall and kind of have it flow down toward the front. Then I thought I'd like the island look as wel haha. By switch around do you mean swap the right and left sides?

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also some good news haha I just read today that IM is making that drop down tank with glass and that is releasing in the next week or so :/

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Saturday update. Been really busy with other things this week but I finally got around to moving one of my Hydra26 HDs over to this tank. I'm not sure I'm sold on how it looks. What do you guys think? Water has been pretty cloudy but seems to be clearing up a bit. Just noticed that one of the rocks I stole from my sump has some hair algae on it. What are the odds it survives through the cycle? I actually have some tiny snails on the glass which is kind of cool this early in the game. Hoping the water clarity will continue to approve and I'll start testing here probably tomorrow and make another update. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5535.JPG

IMG_5536.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another quick update! I had a nice piece of lr from my current display but it was covered in gsp. I scraped off what I could and took it outside to sit in 90+ degree sun for a few days. Also added some kalk paste to hopefully kill off anything that might have survived... well today I cleaned it all off and re arranged the rock work once again. I also added some bio spira to hopefully speed up the cycle a bit. I'd love some feedback on the current rockscape v original! Thanks for reading I'll get some more updates this week as well :)

IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5549.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of going without a skimmer on this tank. The tank is a 20g but after rock and sand I only ended up adding 15g total. I'm thinking if i keep up with water changes and having a low bio load with just the clownfish pair this should be easily doable?

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I've had some phosphate issues im thinking from some of the rock I used. But the tank is just in maintenance mode because im currently setting up a Reefer 450!

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome that will be a great build! I like the 450 of I had the extra space the extra length you get can be great for aquascapes!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back