Zebrasoma tangs

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by stewart1019, Jan 11, 2015.

1. stewart1019

stewart1019 Member

My last tank, I successfully housed a yellow tang with a sailing tang. I put them both in at the same time, and didn't really have any trouble with them getting along. After a short break in the hobby, I'm now back in and have a question. Has anyone successfully housed a yellow tang with a desjardini tang? I've got a 120 gal they will be in.
    Thanks

Tags:

2. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member 2018

I actually housed both of those in a 75 gal before upgrading to a 120 (with a Kole). Some minor skirmishes from time to time, but nothing serious.

Disclaimer: The tang police want you to know that technically, a Desjardini (or even regular Sailfin) should be housed in a 6' 180 gal.

3. stewart1019

stewart1019 Member

Thanks Humblefish.....and I won't turn you in if you don't turn me in to the tang police

4. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member 2018

Deal :bigsmile:

5. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

I have had the 2 housed in a 120g together as well without issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted