Zenith pom-pom dying

mikesilverado8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17eab67e4dda14300a73f4c9221ab05f.jpg
9a05665e704399340fcf7c49a5600e1b.jpg

So why is my zenith pom-pom dying? Everything else in the tank looks fine. I did have the light on for 4 hours for 4 days could that be it

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia just crocks sometimes. Always trouble shoot chemistry though. Xenia is also a poor shipper.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. check your chemistry. if nothing is off then just watch it for a few days.... it'll probably bounce back.

Vividgraphx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not dead. Trust me, You are not that lucky. If it's not dead I highly suggest pulling the rock out and torching it off. Later on down the line you will wish you did.

OP
OP
M

mikesilverado8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not dead. Trust me, You are not that lucky. If it's not dead I highly suggest pulling the rock out and torching it off. Later on down the line you will wish you did.
I had some purple stuff that grows on the same rock I don't know what you call it died as well have any idea why?

Vividgraphx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple coralline is questionable. not sure what causes it to die. It doesn't do well in my tank either. I have pom pom/pulsing zania. At one time I had a lot then all the sudden it all started dying, some lived and is now out of control. My water has always been good and im able to keep most corals. A good example is....Me and a friend share salt water and r/o water we have the same exact water conditions. zania wont live in his tank but will live in mine. It may come back to life it may not. zania is funny like that. personally Id say get rid of it. check your alk and calcium levels for the coralline.

OP
OP
M

mikesilverado8888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple coralline is questionable. not sure what causes it to die. It doesn't do well in my tank either. I have pom pom/pulsing zania. At one time I had a lot then all the sudden it all started dying, some lived and is now out of control. My water has always been good and im able to keep most corals. A good example is....Me and a friend share salt water and r/o water we have the same exact water conditions. zania wont live in his tank but will live in mine. It may come back to life it may not. zania is funny like that. personally Id say get rid of it. check your alk and calcium levels for the coralline.
It's not coralline it look like little flowers. The Pom Pom I smelled it and it smelled rotten so I know it was dying

Vividgraphx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need a pic to be able to tell. I'm sure someone on here will know.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back