Zeovit Zeolites Escaping Skimz ZAR-127 Reactor

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Skimz Auto zeo reactor 127, the finer Zeovit zeolites are escaping. I’ve already tried plastic mesh from bonsai screen installed between the chamber and disc. Still escapes, any ideas? I don’t see any large zeolites for sale and Zeovit has alot of small particles. I just cleaned these out of the sump yesterday, installed the plastic screen and it did it again. Very frustrating. The reactor is running on glue rate 1, set to pump once day.

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have read flow rate 1. If it was glue rate 1 I wouldn’t have a problem!

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fix was to pick out only the larger stones from the package, of course this wastes all the small stuff that ends up in the trash. KZ larger stones are needed here in the US

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem here. Only use smaller rocks, seems a waste since half bag with smaller rocks. Wonder if can put a mash net

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS was working on getting the larger rocks, I don’t know if they still are being they’re no longer selling the auto reactors. Maybe that can’t get them anymore at a good price. I’ve read here if you order straight from Skimz the shipping costs as much as the reactor. It’s such a nice product, works as intended and the algae seems to remove easily these days.

jd06351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had requested the BRS stocks the larger stones as well, this was a few months ago. At the time, the person I spoke with didn't know they existed, maybe if enough of us ask they'll see there is demand for it and maybe they will carry it? My sump gets a little messy with those tiny stones, and I'm afraif it may get sucked into the pump and break the impeller on my skimz reactor also. Or if anyone knows where we could order them from, please post here. :)

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small piece of that stone got stuck in the reactor pump, luckily I was home to free it, terrible noise. I’m wasting half of bag picking out the bigger pieces.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back