Zero TDS RO/DI with Copper at 3.61 according to ATI ICP

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run a dozen or so ICP over the years and never recall seeing Copper in any of them. This is my first ATI test, and my RO/DI came back with copper at 3.61. The reference level for this is 0.0, but the report did not "Flag" it as out of range. My tank water came back with 1.95.

I gather from other RHF posts that anything under 10 is nothing to worry about. Can I get a confirmation on that?

I run a 7 stage with 2 carbon and cation, anion, and mixed as my final. I show 0 TDS, but where could it be getting through? What should I be more aggressive about replacing even before I touch >0 TDS? Or do I just need to chill out and have a few beers?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first ATI test, and my RO/DI came back with copper at 3.61. The reference level for this is 0.0, but the report did not "Flag" it as out of range. My tank water came back with 1.95.

I gather from other RHF posts that anything under 10 is nothing to worry about. Can I get a confirmation on that?
3.6ppb is likely not far enough above zero to have confidence in the measurement.
No out of range "Flag" is a helpful way of low-key telling you it's not enough uncertainties/ limits of detection above a concerning range.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back