Zoa Biological Time Clock??

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such a thing as a Zoa Biological time clock? I know it's a stupid questions but thats what my issue below seems like.e

I had a high end zoa melt in 3 different tanks within a week or so of each other. 2 months ago I gave a frag to a buddy, a few weeks ago I gave another one away, and just last week mine melted just like theirs. I just don't get it especially the one that had been in a different tank for a few months. When I gave them away they had already been healed for a good amount of time. I just can't believe they all decided to melt around the same time and in 3 different tanks. Everything else in these tanks are just fine too.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you're on to something there. It would certainly help to explain the mystery of melting zoas.:D

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such a thing as a Zoa Biological time clock? I know it's a stupid questions but thats what my issue below seems like.e

I had a high end zoa melt in 3 different tanks within a week or so of each other. 2 months ago I gave a frag to a buddy, a few weeks ago I gave another one away, and just last week mine melted just like theirs. I just don't get it especially the one that had been in a different tank for a few months. When I gave them away they had already been healed for a good amount of time. I just can't believe they all decided to melt around the same time and in 3 different tanks. Everything else in these tanks are just fine too.
I think you've meant "zoa biological time clock to melt"?
No, that was just coincidence.
Their response to time is accordingly to the light they receive during the (photoperiod), for their natural metabolism.
That is all.
They are highly strong and adjustable to the photoperiod as well, with proper adaptation and respect to their natural limits per species.

Grandis.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you're on to something there. It would certainly help to explain the mystery of melting zoas.:D
There are some "mysterious melting", but those are mysterious only because we don't pay enough attention to what's going on with our system, or because of our lack of knowledge, generally speaking.
Grandis.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back