Zoa Closing Up After Dosing Vibrant

Blocker620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so I have been having a slight Hair Algae problem in my tank and ended up trying Vibrant to try and get rid of it. However when I put in the first does I noticed my Zoa closed up shortly after. Has anyone ever experienced this before and is it something I should be worried about? Thanks!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Vibrant a few times. Never had any of my Zoas react before. Are you using the saltwater version or the reef version?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used vibrant for a long time without issue. Have your zoas opened back up? How long ago did you dose it and how much did you dose? Starting with a half dose and working your way up to full strength is probably the best way to go.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant is a mix of aggressive surface scavenging bacteria they cover surfaces... zoas do not like when bacteria cover them I would just increase flow to them see how they do it shouldn’t hurt them ive used vibrant on a fully stocked 10 gallon for bubble algae it worked out great...

OP
OP
B

Blocker620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies! So far the zoas have not opened back up but that might be because the light was off and their was a snail on them when I checked. For the people that I asked I am using the marine version not the reef version. I will update again when the zoas open back up. Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back