Zoa damage-ID needed

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having a huge issue with this, it's only on a few small zoas. Rather than just dip in Furan-2 or iodine, I thought it would help to ID exactly what it is before randomly dipping. Anyone have any idea?

IMG_5691_zps1186921a.jpg

sunshinereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this happen in my tank..following along to see what feedback you get. F.Y.I - I see the red stringy stuff (forgot the name for it), i know that it will start to wrap around the individual polyps and kill them. Its very hard to get rid of this stuff, unless you sit down with small tweezers..:(

Jovreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the outer layer of the stalk is peeling off. Not to alarm you but I've only seen that once on my old PPEs after a bad fragging incodent. The frag did not make it.

OP
OP
barbianj

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not the red stuff. I have some Emerald Crabs to take care of the bubble algae, but they devour the red stuff and not the bubble algae. Also, these have not been in an area where they could be stung by another coral. Right now they are in the frag tank to keep an eye on them. That's when I noticed what looks like a slice on this one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back