Zoa dominated 125g

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love zoas man, but I think that not enough people in the hobby like them as much as SPS for example
I wish my collection was as good as yours

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yum!

20180617-DSC_0331.jpg

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we're getting groovy haha

What do you use for large scale grow out Josh? Large tiles or rocks? Or do you just keep everything super neat?
I haven't had a display in a while so I haven't been letting my frags grow too big. Just chop chop. All i use are big frag plugs for the bigger stuff

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool bananas :) I'm on the hunt for a larger grow out tile as I don't think I'm as motivated as you with fragging haha
look up in youtube how to make frag plugs. Lots of ideas and you can make it to exactly what you need.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome corals, those seemingly discarded frags on the right side of the most recent picture are likely better than my "display" corals. Thanks for posting so many pictures.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look up in youtube how to make frag plugs. Lots of ideas and you can make it to exactly what you need.
That's probably the best way to go about it. I know some people use bathroom tiles and that's probably going to be the easiest option for me as between my tank, garden, chilli's and bonsai's I don't have a lot of spare time haha and the time I do have gets put into gaming haha

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool bananas :) I'm on the hunt for a larger grow out tile as I don't think I'm as motivated as you with fragging haha
Its easy to make ceramic disk if you can find someone with a kiln or a shop around you that uses one. I use to make 200 piece batches and they would just charge me 5 bucks to throw in with the stuff the were doing. I had disk from 0.5 - 5" Or you can just go to lowes and find old 4 x 4 tiles that are on sale and buy some of those and flip them over for larger grow outs

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its easy to make ceramic disk if you can find someone with a kiln or a shop around you that uses one. I use to make 200 piece batches and they would just charge me 5 bucks to throw in with the stuff the were doing. I had disk from 0.5 - 5" Or you can just go to lowes and find old 4 x 4 tiles that are on sale and buy some of those and flip them over for larger grow outs
I found some foot square pumice based tiles at my local hardware store so I'm soaking them and cutting them down to a more practical size, so we'll see how they go!

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd buy them to go on my garage wall above my zoa frag tanks , or maybe even have one as the back ground of the tank ..cool posters :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back