Zoa eating Aserina removal

Bixby'sMenagerie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last year I put some test zoas in to see if the asterinas I had were the evil variety. They are. I am now about ready to put more coral in but I need to get rid of these little b@stards first. Now I know a harlequin will clean up the tank eventually, but I'm not interested in keeping them long term and I would have to do something with my melanarus wrasse for however long that took. Are there any other predators or solutions I might not know about? This is a 120g tank.

20230104_110338.jpg

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a grown up Melanarus and Harlequin, it showed some interest in it for a moment right when I introduced the Harlequin to tank but he quickly lost interest.

My system is almost twice as yours though, and my aqua scape is a lot denser than yours which provides a lot of hiding locations for the Harlequin to stay away from it, so it's something to keep in mind.

Other than introducing an Harlequin, the most effective way to control them is to syphon them out early in the morning, when they come out. It'll not fully eradicate them from the system, however it defiantly helps keeping the population in control.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back