Zoa garden planning

tyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 34g dt and a 13.5 Evo. I plan on doing a zoa garden in the Evo but might do some smaller colonies in my main tank. Glued some frags onto Tonga branch rock that I cut in half to make 3 in semi circle rocks. My plan or hopes were to grow 2 to 3 Zoa on each and let them fill in.

My worry is that Tonga rock is hard as heck. Not easy to cut. Breaking with a chisel is ok on a work bench but not so much at the kitchen table. Anyone have ideas on a base rock that would be easier to frag but able to be cut or shaped.

I'm just wanting to make trimming them back and making frags easier while still being able to move the around as needed. Love to hear ideas. I've even considered having my friend 3d print something.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 34g dt and a 13.5 Evo. I plan on doing a zoa garden in the Evo but might do some smaller colonies in my main tank. Glued some frags onto Tonga branch rock that I cut in half to make 3 in semi circle rocks. My plan or hopes were to grow 2 to 3 Zoa on each and let them fill in.

My worry is that Tonga rock is hard as heck. Not easy to cut. Breaking with a chisel is ok on a work bench but not so much at the kitchen table. Anyone have ideas on a base rock that would be easier to frag but able to be cut or shaped.

I'm just wanting to make trimming them back and making frags easier while still being able to move the around as needed. Love to hear ideas. I've even considered having my friend 3d print something.
Marco Rock is pretty easy to chisel and break

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back