Zoa Garden

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,211
Reaction score
928
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been thinking about this 40 gallon set up (and IM just informed me my 170 tanks is in their warehouse!) that I might want to turn the entire rockscape here into a zoa garden. Keep a few LPSes in the sand. But place a bunch of zoa frags on the rocks and let them take over.

Only question is: what about the anemones? There's a Rose Bubble Tip and a Flower Anemone on the rocks. Would they get into a deadly fight or just let each other be?

20260709_214522_94DD5653-ED21-4E76-8A10-78ABDDF63D5F.png
 
The growth of the pally's will eventually push the rfq off the rocks. I've never had a bta so I don't know how it will react. If you are asking if the bta and rfa will fight, we can't predict the future lol
 
My RBTA never messed with my zoas or vice versa. I loved having a zoa garden. I even had a trachy that grew right beside the rastas.

Screenshot_20260217_091113_Chrome.jpg
 
My BTA never bothered my zoas
 
all my life! Ill have a complete IM system sometime in the future. Is the 170 an INT or EXT?
Mine is INT. The back of the tank can be seen from one side, so I didn't want pipes exposed.
 
My BTA never bothered my zoas
Can Zoas harm the BTA or the Flower anemone? Or would they just stop growing into the spot occupied by the Anemone?
Might depend on the Zoa. Some are growing very aggressively and will spread further even if they are irritated 90% of the time by the BTA's sting. I had this happen with alien explosion zoas and decided to nuke the rock to stop them.
 
Might depend on the Zoa. Some are growing very aggressively and will spread further even if they are irritated 90% of the time by the BTA's sting. I had this happen with alien explosion zoas and decided to nuke the rock to stop them.
How did you nuke the rock?
 
Might depend on the Zoa. Some are growing very aggressively and will spread further even if they are irritated 90% of the time by the BTA's sting. I had this happen with alien explosion zoas and decided to nuke the rock to stop them.
How did you nuke the rock?
1. Hydrogen peroxide bath
2. Sodium hypochlorite bath (those zoas left a lot of residue that you cannot remove with H2O2)
3. Dechlorination bath
4. RO/DI bath
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new