Zoa garden

Marine Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone,

I’m considering starting a Zoa garden in my 110g reef. I currently have an eagle eye and wanted to hear everyone experience/suggestions with build a garden. Ideas for which work well together. I know some are more prone to over take others. Any and all info is well thanks!!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a pair of clowns to occupy the garden.
We have zoas hosting a pair in our waterbox.
They keep the zoas happy.

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add only zoas that you really like and keep them off the main rock work. The larger zoas/plays will overgrow the smaller zoas.

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add only zoas that you really like and keep them off the main rock work. The larger zoas/plays can overgrow the smaller zoas. I prefer to keep them on the sand bed.

OP
OP
Marine Reefer

Marine Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add only zoas that you really like and keep them off the main rock work. The larger zoas/plays can overgrow the smaller zoas. I prefer to keep them on the sand bed.
Unfortunately, I already have my rock work complete and the two lone rocks have a GSP and a Xenia on them.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 110 I suggest bigger varieties like gobstoppers, chaos, etc. Smaller zoas really get lost in bigger tanks and once they start growing any cool patterns just blur together as one mass.

Bam bams. Dragon eyes etc are smaller zoas that look good in bigger tanks because they have such vivid colors.

OP
OP
Marine Reefer

Marine Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the great tips and info. Still planing this whole thing out but I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks again

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of people have quick videos about placing different color zoas based on the color wheel. It tells you how to match up zoas that will have the most attractive color combinations.

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of people have quick videos about placing different color zoas based on the color wheel. It tells you how to match up zoas that will have the most attractive color combinations.
Possibly have a link to see these videos? Would love to check em out as I'm getting ready to start my 1st zoa garden :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back