KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I seem to fail to grow zoas apparently.
I have 3 red PE that have been looking weird since I got them 1 year ago (they have a non-circular shape, like if side of the polyp is slightly closed ). For some time they were reaching for light so I changed the led and since june are lit with the kessil and they look the normal size but still do not show growth.
Also I have another type of zoas with orange mouth, blue/greenish center and green tentacles which look amazing and look so much better in terms of color since they arrived a couple of months ago. Its like 12 of them on a frag plug but they do not seem to spread to the rock. How long should I expext for an average zoa to overgrow the frag plug, with 12-15 polyps on it?
I dose from time to time some Iodium (AF) and I have quite dirty water (NO3 5 ppm, PO4 0.1 ppm).
My green nuclear palys on the other hand are growing. Not very fast but they are twice the number of what they were 3 months ago. Nothing invasive for now anyway.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
just sit back and enjoy the show, man.

96795AB0-F4E7-4B5F-A53C-CE8A975EE374.jpeg

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I have others that have gone from 2 to 3 polyps to like 10 to 20 over a year like purple hornets, scrambled eggs, twizzlers.

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like it's fully luck of the draw. I have several that grow slowly that for the person I bought from would grow like weeds. But then I have some, especially WWC Pink Monsters (I think) that grow almost uncontrollably, and for others they're slow growers. Who knows lol

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all different. However, if you can get the same color morph (name) from someone else, that strain may grow better for you. So, don't give up on a particular type of zoa because it melts or grows slow.

OP
OP
KonradTO

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like rastas, I hope those grow well for me. I am saving some space for a zoa garden but it seems it is gonna take forever for them to encrustAnyone that had them not growing at all and then changed something and they started growing?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back