Zoa growth rates?

Cavalina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I've had a 75G with some basic softies for 5+ years. As you'll see it is mostly, Palys, Frog Spawn, Star Coral, and Mushrooms at present...
fish tank.jpg

Recently I decided to slowly add some zoas, and I started with this small oa frag-- I believe they are either Bling King or Halle Berry zoas--seen here....

fish2.jpg

I've had them in the tank for a couple of weeks now, and I'm wondering when I can expect to see additional polyps appear? Thanks in advance for my rookie zoa question!

Tony11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I've had a 75G with some basic softies for 5+ years. As you'll see it is mostly, Palys, Frog Spawn, Star Coral, and Mushrooms at present...
fish tank.jpg

Recently I decided to slowly add some zoas, and I started with this small oa frag-- I believe they are either Bling King or Halle Berry zoas--seen here....

fish2.jpg

I've had them in the tank for a couple of weeks now, and I'm wondering when I can expect to see additional polyps appear? Thanks in advance for my rookie zoa question!
How’s it going? Should be any day now. Zoas need to acclimate and then they will start to grow soon.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends a LOT on the type of zoa and your water parameters. My Rastas and watermelons give me 1+ head a week. My WWC AOI haven’t given me anything and I’ve had them about a month. I have ‘dirtier’ water and spot feed everything with reef roids every 3 days. Generally speaking the more expensive = slower growing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back