Zoa ID confirmation pls

WKY74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4583.jpeg

I was sold these as Lime Chillis, can someone help me ID it?

IMG_4542.jpeg

I was told this is gold maul, but i think it might be sopranos or Scarface, any thoughts?
IMG_4541.jpeg

Psychosis or tasers or superstar?

Appreciate all your help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
IMG_4583.jpeg

I was sold these as Lime Chillis, can someone help me ID it?

IMG_4542.jpeg

I was told this is gold maul, but i think it might be sopranos or Scarface, any thoughts?
IMG_4541.jpeg

Psychosis or tasers or superstar?

Appreciate all your help!
Top - Possible krakatoa pink
second- Either Night Fury or untouchable zoa

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There’s a few interesting ones here.

Starting with the first, the lime chilli name has been recycled a few times at this point. If someone’s calling that strain lime chilli alright- as long as it’s understood it’s not the OG strain (attaching a pic for reference). It bears some similarities to an oxana but I don’t believe it to be one. Possible it’s a morphed nirvana but the mouth and median is too well defined, also seeing some rainbow in the skirt. It’ll be interesting to see what it does.

(OG lime chilli for reference)
0CFC5437-B09B-4C6B-9AC1-F08A3701B713.png

The second one is a gold maul, the question is whether it’s a named variety. It’s not a spellbinder/orange eruption given the color and pattern. Could it be a soprano or Scarface? I like @saltyreef’s breakdown and generally concur with the caveat that Scarface’s are no longer a single specific strain but a group of strains with the afore mentioned traits. When in doubt, I default to gold maul which covered basically all black and gold speckled mid-sized zoanthids.

As for the third it is neither a superstar, tazer, or a psychosis (for good measure it’s not a black orchid either). All of these strains have the green skirt and purple median/mouth but none have a third color (in this case yellow?) around the mouth (nor will any of these morph and develop one). I don’t discourage pics under blues but in this case another pic might be helpful as we’re losing a lot of detail.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There’s a few interesting ones here.

Starting with the first, the lime chilli name has been recycled a few times at this point. If someone’s calling that strain lime chilli alright- as long as it’s understood it’s not the OG strain (attaching a pic for reference). It bears some similarities to an oxana but I don’t believe it to be one. Possible it’s a morphed nirvana but the mouth and median is too well defined, also seeing some rainbow in the skirt. It’ll be interesting to see what it does.

(OG lime chilli for reference)
0CFC5437-B09B-4C6B-9AC1-F08A3701B713.png

The second one is a gold maul, the question is whether it’s a named variety. It’s not a spellbinder/orange eruption given the color and pattern. Could it be a soprano or Scarface? I like @saltyreef’s breakdown and generally concur with the caveat that Scarface’s are no longer a single specific strain but a group of strains with the afore mentioned traits. When in doubt, I default to gold maul which covered basically all black and gold speckled mid-sized zoanthids.

As for the third it is neither a superstar, tazer, or a psychosis (for good measure it’s not a black orchid either). All of these strains have the green skirt and purple median/mouth but none have a third color (in this case yellow?) around the mouth (nor will any of these morph and develop one). I don’t discourage pics under blues but in this case another pic might be helpful as we’re losing a lot of detail.
may be Adonis zoa or Krakatoa species

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back