Zoa ID needed

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these zoas a little while, ago, they are doing great in my tank but I am not sure what they are called. The second pic is of a polyp I got as part of a larger colony, and would also like to see if anyone has an "official" name for it. Thanks!

IMG-3371.jpg 55754.jpg

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Any ideas for the second one?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture is not radioactive dragon eyes. Your zoas have a yellow-orange ring which RDE’s do not have. I’m thinking incredible zoas that have sat under a bit lower lighting. (See top 2 on left)
1585662824017.jpeg

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 kinda looks like a baby daisy cutter zoa. Is it full grown or tiny?
It is full grown, and when you look at it in person it's not quite a daisy cutter; It doesn't have the white daisy shape around the center.
First picture is not radioactive dragon eyes. Your zoas have a yellow-orange ring which RDE’s do not have. I’m thinking incredible zoas that have sat under a bit lower lighting. (See top 2 on left)
1585662824017.jpeg
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying I should move them to a higher light level? Or that they'll look less like RDEs if they're in a higher light level?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is full grown, and when you look at it in person it's not quite a daisy cutter; It doesn't have the white daisy shape around the center.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying I should move them to a higher light level? Or that they'll look less like RDEs if they're in a higher light level?
I’m saying that your zoas are 100% NOT RDE zoas. I’m saying that the ones in the picture are from pretty high light and yours would look the same in higher light.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does the second zoa have reds under blue’s? It could be a fire n ice.

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m saying that your zoas are 100% NOT RDE zoas. I’m saying that the ones in the picture are from pretty high light and yours would look the same in higher light.
Good to know! What did you buy yours as?
Does the second zoa have reds under blue’s? It could be a fire n ice.
They don't have any reds under blues, but the gold around the mouth is very bright.

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better picture, one of the polyps is closed but it should help.

IMG-3379.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back