Zoa ID, new reefer

Reef_Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all brand new reefer I grabbed a Zoa to start my garden (grabbed three different ones but the other two are impossible to photo and get a good colour) just curious if anyone could help me ID this one.
IMG_0478.jpeg

Sorry for the poor image I did the best I could, I know the bottom one is a different colour that just hitchhiked on haha thanks all

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help you. Not sure, but they're all cool! I LOVE when I get free coral/hitchhikers haha. Best coral is free coral!

Lol the other day I bought a Pocillopora Green Birdsnest colony, nice sized for $50, 6" across. I dipped it, and a few days later noticed it has some kind of red crab which from my research is a symbiotic coral crab that eats mucus from the coral, and protects it from predators, as well as removes debris from the colony! How cool right?! Was surprised the crab lived through the coral dip also ha.

OP
OP
Reef_Sea

Reef_Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help you. Not sure, but they're all cool! I LOVE when I get free coral/hitchhikers haha. Best coral is free coral!

Lol the other day I bought a Pocillopora Green Birdsnest colony, nice sized for $50, 6" across. I dipped it, and a few days later noticed it has some kind of red crab which from my research is a symbiotic coral crab that eats mucus from the coral, and protects it from predators, as well as removes debris from the colony! How cool right?!
Gotta say I love a free hitchhiker (so long as it’s nothing bad) haha. That sounds awesome, gotta love a symbiotic relationship some of the coolest things in the hobby!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back